We, at Our Lady of Lourdes School, are concerned for student safety and want to do all that we can to ensure a safe environment. Please review this policy.
- Drop off time begins at 7:50 a.m. That is when there is a teacher on duty. The bell rings at 8:00am. All children should be at school by then, even for inclement weather. Please make sure that your children get to school on time.
- If you arrive after all classes have entered the building, you are considered late! Students not entering their classrooms with their classes must get a late pass. Please make every effort to be on time. It is very disruptive to your class to come in late.
- If parents need to speak to the teachers, please make an appointment rather than engage them in conversation before or after school.
- If driving to school, please do not drop off your child/children in the areas of the bus zone.
- Parents must stay on the sidewalk by the priests' residence. Please do not stand next to the children's class lines in the mornings.
Our faculty dismisses students to parents, guardians, or approved persons.
We ask that grades N - 8 take the following measures:
- The students should not be on the lawn of the rectory/priests' residence.
- The students should not be on the lawn premises closest to the school.
- The students should not be on school grounds across from the school.
- The students should not be near the yellow-chained area. This is strictly a parking area.
- The students should not be climbing, running, or sliding on any apparatus such as: cellar basement doors, school steps or vehicle garage waiting for class to start.
- Faculty supervision is available until all students are released safely in parent/guardian care.
Note: Exemption: Students with bicycles.
Do not bring dogs to dismissal. This is a major safety hazard. Please ensure that those persons permitted to pick up your children, e.g. babysitters, strictly adhere to this regulation.
*These procedures are designed to ensure the well-being of all students during the school year. We greatly appreciate your understanding and support.
A SPECIAL NOTE: If a student is to be picked up by someone other than one of the parents, the faculty/office must receive a written request from the parent to that effect. It is also necessary for the school to have written permission to release a student to a non-custodial parent/guardian.